At a glance
- Here’s a quick rundown of what a WordPress theme is, the criteria for selecting a great one, and which theme I absolutely love!
- Plus, you can get access to that premium theme, and an audit of your WordPress site, for free (really)!
What is a theme?
- A theme is a group of files (graphics, style sheets, and code) that dictates the overall appearance of your website (Dreamhost)
- Themes also can control features and functionality (e.g., adding a page builder or a portfolio)
- Saves a ton of work to select a high-quality theme
Criteria for selecting a great theme
A high-quality theme…
- Has a page builder
- Has flexible features that allow for easy customization
- Is responsive (i.e., everything looks great on desktop and mobile)
- Is updated frequently
- Is reasonably priced
- Has support from real humans
Divi is an incredible theme
- Divi (link below) is the most popular WordPress theme in the world according to stats from BuiltWith.com
- It has a fantastic Visual Page Builder
- It has 20,000+ 5⭐ reviews on Trustpilot
- Divi’s support team is great
- It has a robust and growing community on social media!
- All Courage & Grow sites, including this one, are built with Divi
Quick Divi overview video
Top Divi features
- Visual builder: Divi is more than just a WordPress theme, it’s a completely new website building platform that replaces the standard WordPress post editor with a vastly superior visual editor. It can be enjoyed by design professionals and newcomers alike, giving you the power to create spectacular designs with surprising ease and efficiency.
- Tons of modules: 40+ website elements, from calls to action to galleries to forms, that allow you to build almost anything without code!
- Pre-built templates: Over 800 pre-made website layouts come packaged right inside of Divi for free. Brand new layouts are added weekly along with royalty free photos, icons, and illustrations.
- Fully responsive: Divi is responsive by default, but takes responsive design a step further by giving you complete control over every design setting on each mobile device. This allows you to perfectly tailor the appearance of each element on computers, tablets and smart phones.
- Ready for eCommerce: Divi is compatible with WooCommerce and offers specific WooCommerce integrations that make the two a perfect pair. WooCommerce is free, which means anyone using Divi can start selling products online at no additional cost.
How much does Divi cost?
- As I’m writing this, Divi offers two pricing models:
- $89 USD / year
- $249 USD / lifetime
- The price is incredibly reasonable
- You can purchase an $89 annual license, and then apply that amount to a $249 lifetime license later, too!
You can get Divi for free from Courage & Grow!
- Courage & Grow has unlimited licenses for Divi, and we can provide one to you for free!
- Sign up for a free SiteAudit (link below), and we can work to make that happen.
- (There’s no catch. It’s legit free)
FREE TOOL // SiteAudit
We’ll use our 21-point inspection to check your WordPress site for common errors, performance and security issues, and opportunities to boost your overall design and user experience.
Click here to go to SiteAudit
Any thoughts or questions? Anything with which you disagree? Anything I missed?